Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2 Days

The final day is almost here. But, until then life goes on. We had class, then lunch, then class again. Class was really interesting we got to go into CELA and we learned how to do different exams. My favorite was probably the ear exam because all you have to do is look into someone's ear and you can definitely tell when there is something wrong. My least favorite was drawing blood. I was horrible at it and it took me forever to get the vein. I'll keep practicing I guess...but how?

We had to take a survey today that basically compared our actual high school to VSA. I like VSA's environment so much more. I loved that there was a place and time for everything. They let us have social time and when we were in class, then all we had to worry about was classwork. Nothing from school "bled" into the rest of our day and I wish our school was like that. There are no grades and I feel like that took away so much stress. I didn't have to worry about getting the highest grade because that wasn't the point. The point was learning.

We also had a talent show which I thought was really cool because there are so many talented people here. There were dancers, singers, and poets. My favorite was Jake the Slam poet. His poem was touching, he dedicated it to a friend that recently died from cancer. I wish him the best and I hope he continues to use poetry as an outlet because it is the absolute best form of releasing pain if you ask me. I hope that sentenced sounded as bias as I wanted it to sound. Hopefully one day I will be brave enough to get on a stage and share some of my poetry.

I'm really going to miss most people. I think I had the best experience that I could have made for myself. I hope that out of everyone, I stay in contact with my cohort forever! Jasmine and I were trying to come up with ways to stay in contact after Vanderbilt. We are determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment