Saturday, July 5, 2014

Our First Day in Nashville

We said goodbye to Washington DC in the morning and boarded the plane for Nashville around 10:30 AM. Similar to our last flight, I sat next to Shanti. We had a simple breakfast at the airport. There was one stop on our way at Charlotte, North Carolina. After we reached Nashville, we rented a van and arrived at the Hutton Hotel. (It is one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to.) Since there were only two rooms available at the time, we dropped off our luggage in Carson's room and headed out for lunch. We chose to get lunch from a restaurant called Fido. I decided to get a grilled cheese sandwich along with fries.
Our next stop was Target. I had to purchase necessary supplies that I need for Vanderbilt. The list of things that I purchased include hangers, laundry detergent, and a couple of snacks. After Target, we stopped at the Vanderbilt Bookstore. I had a hard time deciding which hoodie to get; however, I finally decided on one. We took a group photo in front of a Vanderbilt sign with our hoodies on.
Today's last event was dinner.  We decided to walk to a restaurant called, The Mellow Mushroom. I got a cheese pizza; It made me extremely full.

Overall, today was a relaxing day. Nashville has a very different environment than the other places we visited. It is less crowded and there is not a lot of humidity unlike New York and Pennsylvania. There is also a lot of greenery.

This is our last time together in a hotel. I am going to miss sharing rooms with Shanti and Chiamaka. I am having mixed feelings about tomorrow. I am a bit nervous because I do not know what exactly to expect tomorrow; I do not know what kind of roommate I am going to have or what my professors are going to be like. However, at the same time, I am excited to meet new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment